Guru - Assignments
JDoodle Guru is an online virtual institute solution. Institutes and teachers can create their own virtual institute and use this tool to conduct assignments online.
- 1.User Management.
- 2.Student Groups.
- 3.Private Assignments
- 2.Public Students.
- 3.Embed assignments/courses to your website / blog
New Features will be released based on the user demand, so please email us to let us know which feature you would like to see next.
There are four different types of users.
- 1.Account Owner - the one who created the virtual institute. This role has super user access to their virtual institute. They can access all the assignments and student groups within the institute. This user can add, remove, activate, deactivate and delete all the users. This user can manage all the assignments too.
- 2.Institute Admin - This role is to help the virtual institute in administration. Institute Admins can add/remove, activate/deactivate any type of user except Account Owner. Institute Admins can create student groups and can be part of Student Group management. Institute Admins do not have access to assignments.
- 3.Teachers - Teachers can add/remove, activate/deactivate students, but teachers can't add or manage other teachers or institute admins. Teachers can create their own Student Groups, and can be part of student groups others create. Teachers can create and manage assignments.
- 4.Students can only attend assignments.
Every user can be allocated more than one role.
Goto user management, add the new user and their roles. Ask the user to visit JDoodle.com/guru and accept your invitation. No automatic email is sent from JDoodle.com currently.
You can add users to Student Groups or Assignments only after they have accepted your invite to the institute by logging into JDoodle.com
Go to the Assignments section, create a new assignment, add some questions and users, and then activate the assignment.
When you create an assignment, it will be in the Draft state, you have to activate it for the students to see it.
Using Result Types, you can control what type of feedback you want to give to students - Mark Only, Comment Only, or Mark and Comment
Autocorrect assignments will be automatically assessed by JDoodle Guru auto grader. When you create questions, you have to select correct answers or test cases for auto-correction. Auto-Correct will validate the answer and add a note to each answer, teachers can score the answer using these auto-correct notes.
Auto Score will automatically assign marks to each answer. An Assignment must be an auto-correct assignment to be auto-scored, and you must set marks for each question too.
Auto-correct only validates the answers. Auto score validates and allocates marks.
Auto-corrected assignments can be disclosed to students in two ways - automatically once the grading is finished or manually by the teacher.
- 1.Multiple choice with a single answer.
- 2.Multiple choice with multiple answers.
- 3.Open-ended (it can not be included in auto disclose assignments. The grader will not grade this question type. The grader will simply skip this question, and the teacher can manually grade it after the grader has finished grading).
- 4.True or False.
- 5.Programming Question.
- 1.Assignment Lead - the teacher who created the assignment.
- 2.Co-owners - Teachers added by the assignment lead.
- 3.Account Owner.
If it is an auto-correct and auto-disclose assignment, students can see the result within a few mins of submitting the assignment.
If it is a manual disclose assignment, once a teacher marks the submission as 'Evaluated' and clicks on the 'Disclose Result' button.
First, you have to mark the submission as 'Evaluated', and then you will see a button to disclose the result.
Yes. When you activate an assignment, you will be asked for the duration.
- 1.Draft - created but not activated yet.
- 2.Ready - activated, but the start time has not been reached yet. Students won't be able to see the assignment until the start time.
- 3.In Progress - activated and started, students can see and attend the assignments.
- 4.On Hold - assignment on hold, students can't see or attend the assignment.
- 5.Completed - assignment submission time is over.
- 1.Yet to Start - the student has not started the assignment.
- 2.In Progress - the student is working on it.
- 3.Submitted - student submitted the assignment.
- 4.Unable to Auto Correct - JDoodle Grader is not able to auto-grade. (Students won't see this).
- 5.Evaluated - Marked as evaluated by you or by the auto grader. (Students won't see this).
- 6.Partially Evaluated - JDoodle Grader evaluated some questions and can't grade others. This happens when the assignment has 'open-ended' questions. (Students won't see this).
- 7.Result Announced
- 8.Reevaluation Requested
Yes. Just go to the assignment from which you want to create a new assignment, and click on the "clone" link to create a new assignment with the same set of questions and participants.